Sunday, July 26, 2009

Update on visit with Amanda (mother's day weekend)

Brandon and Ms. Amanda on the flounder at the aquarium!
I was proud of this pic- thanks for helping me with my camera Amanda! Unfortunately I can't getany of this pics to add at the bottom of my post!



This would be Kaylee literally climbing the walls of the cabin!






This is a pic of the lilypads at Dollywood. I am trying my hand at pics that don't always have people in them!






Sooo- I know this is late, but better late than never right? We had a great weekend visiting the mountains. It was an adventure to find our cabin in the middle of the night. We were driving up the mountain very slowly and quietly as Beth and I are trying to find our cabin and Brandon is in the backseat going "It's cweepy, momma it's cweepy up here." And, well- ya just can't laugh in his little face.




So after we finally find our cabin and get settled the screen door wakes me up in the middle of the night. I am thinking I am too tired and don't want to leave Brandon alone in a strange bed to fix it. Tomorrow we will have to make sure it is closed good. Well- the next morning when we leave to got o Dollywood- guess what- no screen door! However there are some pretty big scratches on top of the trash cover on the porch. Good thing I didn't open the door to check on the nonexistant screen door! I would have been looking at a bear instead!




Saturday after we got rained out of Dollywood we ate lunch at a BBQ place in Pigeon Forge, went to the grocery store and then met Amanda so she could follow us up the mountain. Brandon took a nap while Kaylee climbed the walls (literally) and we girls caught up a bit. After nap time was over we went into Gatlinburg and visited the Aquarium- that was awesome and I learned a little bit about my camera from Amanda! :) We then went to No Way Jose's for dinner- it was pretty good.




That evening we were too tired to stay up for the movie night we had planned once the kids got to bed, but we did take turns in the nice hot shower and the kids really enjoyed the jacuzzi tub.




Sunday morning we packed up and headed out. Our first stop was the pancake pantry. I was dropped off while everyone else went to park. What seemed like and eternity later they showed up with a story about Kaylee throwing up or something-jk. After they put K's carseat out to dry and cleaned her up and changed her they made their way down to the pancake pantry. The kids had Bears in the snow, Amanda and Beth had the Buckwheat pancakes and I had some sort of caramel thing-it was the current special. After breakfast Amanda headed back to Knoxville and we did a little more shopping before heading home.




The trip home was uneventful (thankfully) and when we got home mom, dad and gma had made it home from California as well.








No comments: